28 d’agost 2011

China

a
At Martas 2h before the flight and running late... my Estrella Damn I love festes de Sants Hat is traveling with me to China

Current destination.... CHINA! Im back in China, 10 years after my last visit, the visit that I thought was OK but which clearly did not make it to my top rankings of best trip ever. So here I am, my second Berlin visit made me change my mind...so will this one do so too?? I will try and do some updates, I dont know how often this will happend but here we go... This trip is to Shanghai (modern china) and to the rural parts of Sichuan and Guanxi.

The night pre China was Festes de Sants, which were just AMAZING. Festes de sants are the street parties of the neighourhood Sants in Barcelona. It doesnt stop to amaze me how life is in Spain, pepople will be in the streets having dinners with all the neighbours, concerts for the elderly, story tellers for the young, traditional songs... its a blast!! I left my luggage at Martas place as she lives right by pl.catalunya place where the bus departs to the airport ...went out partying. At 4am when I got back at Martas I ended up calling a friend who works on TV in one of those shows that predicts your future, he put me live on TV and the woman answered all my doubts of my life. So it seems that my life will be fine ....phew!! So be it I forgot to put an alarm clock to go to the airport!! Luckily I woke up! marta had put the alarmclock anyways for double saftey. I was running I got to the airport and flight delayed, more delyas, due to a major storm in my transfering airport Frankfurt. It al lmade sense when the plane was tumbling in the air over germany, claps came along when we landed. People were freaking out as many lost their connections, I had a never ending long wait in Europes hub so I just waited waited and waited. Recharged my phone as im using it as MP3 in mcdonalds and waited seeing the 747-400 being prepared for the following departures.


Anecdote 1: my luggage is only 10kilos, how did I manage? I think experience made me smarter!! :)
Anecdote 2: The moment Im putting in my stuff in the security tray the kid infront of me takes every object I leave out of the tray, I put it back in he puts it back up. Mom doesnt even care to look at what son is doing.